What Our Customers Say
LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL WHITE STEEL PERGOLA!
“Couldn’t be happier with our steel pergola! It looks so pretty! We added white metal roofing, so we could enjoy the sound of the rain..awesome! Every screw & bolt was there & fit just as it should! Love it! Thank you for such a high quality product at such a reasonable price!”
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?
“Everyone asks "Where did you get this?" We love this and I didn't realize how much it would add to our patio. It has created a poolside dining area with just the right amount of shade. I have a large round table that seats 8-10 people. There is plenty of room and I put a 10x10 outdoor rug under it. The electrical feature is perfect for plugging in blenders or phones. It is extremely heavy and well built. My husband and one helper put it up but could of used an extra hand! Delivery was easy and all parts were included in 4 boxes. Assembly directions were self explanatory.”
LOOKS LIKE PART OF OUR HOUSE!
“Very happy with the look and quality!”
Ultra-Strong, Rust-Proof Steel Pergolas
To ensure the longevity of our pergolas, we rely on galvanised steel throughout the structure. We also carefully analyze potential weak spots and areas that could accumulate moisture, then reinforce the overall strength of the pergola with powder-coated hardware that can withstand exposure to the elements.
- Galvanised steel beams and posts
- Powder-coated hardware and anchoring plates
- Thicker metal walls than competitors to ensure stability
Wind Resistant Metal Pergolas
Our pergolas undergo rigorous testing to certify they can withstand even the most extreme weather conditions, including winds up to 100 MPH* — and we have numerous customer stories attesting to the safety and security of our pergolas during hurricane-force winds. This level of performance is possible for several reasons.
- We use a thick steel gauge, which adds weight and helps keep the pergola grounded.
- Powder-coated steel anchoring plates with four 2" concrete screws securely fasten the structure to your property.
- Our all-metal design ensures that no loose parts fly off during severe winds.
To ensure we’ve engineered the best possible pergola for you, we’ve tested each of our designs to certify that they achieve the absolute highest standards in the industry.
What To Watch Out for When Buying a Metal Pergola
Weak, lightweight aluminium structures
- Aluminium is often touted for being lighter than steel. This is true, but that lower weight comes with weaker performance.
- Aluminium posts and beams are much more likely to dent than steel. This can happen during installation with simple mishandling or dropping a tool. Additionally, natural events like hail, fallen branches, etc., can easily leave an impression on the aluminium.
- Steel is heavier than aluminium because it has a higher concentration of carbon — that’s also what makes steel stronger and more resilient.
Wind-resistance claims that haven’t been tested
- Never trust a wind resistance claim that hasn’t been certified.
- Wind resistance is difficult to test. It requires a great deal of effort and cost from the manufacturer to replicate hurricane-force winds to determine when a pergola becomes unstable. We are happy to make that investment because we want to keep your structure and family safe.
- If it hasn’t been tested, it may just be a best guess at wind resistance. And a structure that weighs several hundred pounds is not something you want to guess about when the wind picks up
Low-quality footings that absorb moisture and weaken over time
- Where your pergola touches the ground is the most likely spot where decay, rot, and other structural problems can easily seep into the posts.
- Footings are one particular area that many pergolas fail to recognize — we know that strong footings make a more stable, longer-lasting pergola. Plus, we make ours look good!
- Our powder-coated steel anchoring plates prevent moisture from being easily absorbed into the posts and provide a safe, effective method for bolting your pergola into pavers or concrete pads.
Shop Backyard discovery metal pergolas
Learn What Makes Backyard Discovery Pergolas Different
Solid engineering in both wood and metal, wind-resistant design, and assembly support set our pergolas apart. Learn more about what sets Backyard Discovery apart and what to consider when shopping for a pergola.